Terms & Conditions Agreement Form
YOUR AGREEMENT WITH TRAVELDESIGN INTERNATIONAL
Before we make or finalize arrangements for your trip, we require that you complete the information below and click "I AGREE". Your signature or click will signify your agreement with the following terms and conditions:
- Travel Documents: You agree to review your itinerary and other travel documents for accuracy and to inform us promptly of any issues. The names on your documents must match your government-issued ID.
- Agent for Suppliers: TravelDesign International affiliate of KAHALA TRAVEL (“KAHALA”) acts as a sales agent for any airline, hotel, car-rental company, tour operator, cruise line, or other service provider named in your itinerary or confirmation (“Suppliers”). We are not responsible for the acts or omissions of the Suppliers or their failure to adhere to their own schedules, provide services or refunds, financial default, or failure to honor future trip credits. We have no special knowledge regarding the financial condition of the Suppliers and no liability for recommending a trip credit in lieu of a refund.
- Risks of Travel and Release: We assume no responsibility for and shall not be liable for the acts or omissions on the part of any other party not under our control or any acts of God, unsafe conditions, terrorism, health hazards including pandemics, illness, weather hazards, or the suitability for a disabled person of any portion of any trip. We have no special knowledge of dangers during travel or at destinations. For information related to such dangers, we recommend going to the State Department travel website at www.travel.state.gov, click on "Find International travel Information" then click on "Country Information", and fill in the name of the destination country. For medical and health information, we recommend going to the Centers for Disease Control website at www.cdc.gov/travel, then click on "Destinations" and scroll to the name of the destination country. It is your personal decision to travel, and you are doing so with full knowledge of current travel recommendations and travel restrictions with regards to the risks of COVID-19. YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY ASSUME ALL OF THESE RISKS AND DANGERS, AND YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY AGREE TO FOREVER RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND HOLD US, AND OUR AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, ASSOCIATES, AFFILIATED COMPANIES, GUIDES, GROUP LEADERS, AND SUBCONTRACTORS HARMLESS AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTIONS, SUITS, CLAIMS, AND DEMANDS OF ANY AND EVERY KIND AND NATURE WHATSOEVER WHICH YOU NOW HAVE OR WHICH MAY HEREAFTER ARISE OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE RISKS AND DANGERS.
- Foreign Entry Rules: You assume full and complete responsibility for checking and verifying any and all passport, visa, vaccination, or other entry requirements of your destination and your connecting points, and all conditions regarding health, safety, security, political stability, and labor or civil unrest at such destination. Many countries require your passport to be valid for six months or more after your date of entry. Some countries will not admit persons convicted of a crime. Some countries require both parents’ consent for minors to travel.
- Fees and Price Drops: You agree to pay the travel planning, change, and other fees at www.traveldesigninternationall.com/fees. All of our fees are non-refundable. If a Supplier drops the price of a trip after booking, we will try to assist you with rebooking if the Supplier allows it, and a fee may apply. We do not guarantee any refunds or successful rebooking.
- TDI Service Fees: For TravelDesign International's full Vacation Service Plans (Classic & Concierge)
Small group planning (under 20 people) $400
Large group Planning (20 or more) $1000
Expedited Service (travel within 14 days) $300
Award Ticket $100 per person
Ticket exchanges $50 per ticket
Insurance Claims form $150 per claim
Visa Process $50 per person
- Air Travel Assurance Plan:
DOMESTIC AIR TRAVEL ASSURANCE PLAN
Research and comparisons of the best fares, explanation of fare rules and limitations, pros/cons of available options, total cost analysis (airline fees for changes, baggage, seat assignments, refunds, etc.), access to our 7/24 emergency helpline, special needs assistance (wheelchairs, scooters, unaccompanied minors), frequent flyer number loading, and much more.
$45 per person*
INTERNATIONAL AIR TRAVEL ASSURANCE PLAN
Research and comparisons of the best fares, explanation of fare rules and limitations, pros/cons of available options, total cost analysis (airline fees for changes, baggage, seat assignments, refunds, etc.), identify any baggage restrictions on trans-continental flights, access to our 7/24 emergency helpline, wait lists, special seat and meal requests (where offered), special needs assistance (wheelchairs, scooters, unaccompanied minors), loyalty point number loading, passport and visa check, and much more.
$100 per person*
- Price Increases: Travel arrangements involving airline and cruise components are subject to Suppliers’ supplemental price increases that may be imposed by the supplier and/or government, even after you have completed your purchase. You hereby consent to any such price increases and authorize your credit or debit card to be used for them. Suppliers have their own contracts covering cancellation penalties and other terms and conditions, and you may be bound by those contracts regardless of whether you receive notice of their terms.
- Reservation Rule Violations: You agree not to purchase a ticket or tickets containing flight segments that you will not be using, such as a "point-beyond", "hidden-city", or "back-to-back tickets". You further agree not to purchase a round-trip ticket that you plan to use only for one-way travel. You acknowledge that the airlines generally prohibit all such tickets, and therefore we do not guarantee that the airline will honor your ticket or tickets. If you do not use one of the flights in your reservation, the airline will cancel your remaining itinerary, and it may confiscate your frequent flyer points. You agree to indemnify us against airline claims for the difference between the full fare of your actual itinerary and the value of the ticket or tickets that you purchased
- Insurance: For your protection, we strongly recommend that you purchase trip cancellation and travel accident insurance. Please note that most policies have a specific clause stating they do not cover epidemics and pandemics, especially when travel warnings are in place. No representation or description of the insurance made by our staff constitutes a binding assurance or promise about the insurance. You agree to hold us harmless for your election not to purchase travel insurance or for any denial of claim by travel insurer as it relates to Covid-19 or any other claim under the policy.
- Credit Card Merchant: We also strongly recommend that you use a credit card for your purchase, so that you can exercise your rights under the Fair Credit Billing Act if you do not receive the services you purchased. However, if we are the credit card merchant, our role is to facilitate the sale, collect funds on your behalf, and remit those funds to the Suppliers. If the Suppliers do not provide the services, your only recourse would be against the Suppliers, and you agree not to initiate a chargeback against us.
- Claims Deadline and Exclusive Jurisdiction: You agree to present any claims against us within 30 days after your trip ends and to file suit within one year of the incident, and you acknowledge that this expressly limits the applicable statute of limitations to one year. You agree that the courts in [county name, state name] will be the exclusive jurisdiction for all claims brought by you or us, and you hereby submit to the personal jurisdiction of those courts.
- Cancellations and Refunds: Upon cancellation of the transportation or travel services, where the passenger is not at fault and has not canceled in violation of any terms and conditions previously clearly and conspicuously disclosed and agreed to by the passenger, all sums paid to the seller of travel for services not provided will be promptly paid to the passenger, unless the passenger advises the seller of travel in writing, after cancellation. This provision does not apply where the seller of travel has remitted the payment to another registered wholesale seller of travel or a carrier, without obtaining a refund, and where the wholesaler or provider defaults in providing the agreed-upon transportation or service. In this situation, the seller of travel must provide the passenger with a written statement accompanied by bank records establishing the disbursement of the payment, and if disbursed to a wholesale seller of travel, proof of current registration of that wholesaler.
- California Travel Consumer Restitution Fund: TravelDesign International affiliate of KAHALA is a participant in the California Travel Consumer Restitution Fund (TCRF). You may file a claim with TCRF if you are owed a refund of more than $50 for transportation or travel services which the seller of travel failed to forward to a proper provider or such money was not refunded to you when required. The maximum amount which may be paid by the TCRF to any one passenger is the total amount paid on behalf of the passenger to the seller of travel, not to exceed $15,000. A claim must be submitted to the TCRF within 12 months after the scheduled completion date of the travel. A claim must include sufficient documentation to prove your claim and a $35 processing fee. Claimants must agree to waive their right to other civil remedies against a registered participating seller of travel for matters arising out of a sale for which you file a TCRF claim. You may request a claim form by writing to: TRAVEL CONSUMER RESTITUTION CORPORATION, P.O. BOX 6001; LARKSPUR, CA 94977-6001; or by visiting TCRC’S website CLICK HERE. Consumers not located in California are not covered by the California Travel Consumer Restitution Fund. You are not eligible to file a claim against that Fund in the event of Travel Agency’s Suppler default.