We interviewed NCL Business Development Manager Jessica Gafford to learn about the latest in cruising “freestyle.”
TDI: Why do you/Norwegian like working with travel agents?
NCL: We are proud to stand behind our travel agent partners, and we keep them top of mind in everything we do. We would not be the cruise company we are today if we did not have such strong trade relationships. When our agents succeed, we also succeed as a cruise line.
TDI: What are the advantages (if any) to booking your Norwegian cruise through a travel agent?
NCL: We keep our travel agent partners in the loop on all things; our agents are always the first to know about new & upcoming promos, new itineraries, and additional changes with our cruise company. Agents also have a close relationship with their BDM [Business Development Manager], who can step in as their advocate and make extra special efforts to appreciate specific guests when needed.
TDI: For anyone not familiar with Norwegian, how would you describe the Norwegian experience?
NCL: Norwegian is all about Freedom and Flexibility. Our freestyle concept allows guest to feel free on their vacation; they can do what they want, when they want to do it. This is truly a vacation on your own terms; no rigid rules and schedules.
TDI: What differentiates Norwegian from other cruise lines?
NCL: We have the youngest and most modern fleet (8.4 average age in 2017). We have also always been the innovators within our cruise segment, providing several Industry Firsts such as:
- The first service to the Caribbean by any major cruise line;
- The first private island experience, Great Stirrup Cay;
- The first kids’ crew program;
- The first accommodations designed and priced for solo travelers – The Studios;
- The first oceanfront promenade lined with restaurants and bars – The Waterfront;
- The first full Broadway productions at sea;
- The first to offer Dinner Theaters, Cirque, Illusionarium, Manhattan Room.
- The first ship to offer Freestyle dining – no set dining times, and up to 29 restaurant venues on some of our newest ships.
TDI: Are there any Norwegian specials going on right now that you’d like to talk about?
NCL: Yes! Check out our “Free At Sea” and Hawaii promotions, as well as some deals that expire up to 4/30/16:
Learn more about Norwegian Cruise Line at https://www.ncl.com/
To learn more about booking your next Norwegian Cruise, please call us at 619-589-6700.
Have you cruised with Norwegian before? Tell us in the comments!
All images in this article are courtesy of Jessica and NCL.